Thursday, February 26, 2009

Interpretations of Othello

I think that it is odd how many different versions of Othello different authors and producers can make. It was supposed to be done on stage not in a novel but reading it could be translated in so many things. It bothers me when I read a book or play and I have an image of what the stage or scene is suppose to look like and it doesn't turn out to be the way I read it. I guess this is one reason that Shakespeare did not put too many stage directions or detail into scenery because it can be widely translated. I imagine this is why it has become so popular because the differences have brought so many discussions and ideas of what is true and what every detail means. For instance... was DesDemona a virgin? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment